Enhanced high-quality basic functions!
Improved sound quality and keyboard feel
AHL* sound source
All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones,
now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony
provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped
when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
- * Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform
An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
Touch Response lets you add delicate nuances to notes by varying how much pressure you apply to keyboard keys.
Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
You can use the Chord Book to look up chords you do not know how to play. You can hear what a chord sounds like and a simple operation even shows you inverted forms of the chord, making the Chord Book a valuable reference.
Powerful lesson functions!
New lesson functions guide you along the way to music proficiency
Step Up Lesson
To master a song, it is best to break it up into short phrases, master each of the phrases, and then put everything together. Step Up Lesson does exactly that, providing you with the support you need to improve your play.
Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
Voice Fingering Guide
If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
Lesson part select (right hand, left hand, both hands)
152 Song Bank tunes including 50 Exercise phrases (Song Book provided*)
Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases!
* The Song Book does not include music for Exercise phrases. Due to copyright restrictions, some Song Bank tunes may not be included in the Song Book.
You can load songs from external sources and use them for listening, play along, or even lessons.
* Memory capacity is approximately 320KB, which is enough for up to 10 songs. Note that the actual number of songs that can be stored depends on the size of each individual song and other data stored in memory.
* Songs you add using Song Expansion can be used for Step Up Lessons, but fingering guide will not be displayed for such songs.
Recorder and metronome features for lesson support
New entertainment features!
Makes music more fun than ever before
You can sample a sound from a microphone and then play the sound on the keyboard. You also can use sampled sounds to compose music. The sampling feature is a great way to create new sounds that are highly creative.
Play notes on the keyboard using the sampled sound!
If you sample the “Ting!” sound of a triangle, for example, you can then play notes with the sound on the keyboard. You even can add reverb, vibrato, and other effects to the sampled sound.
Incorporate a sampled sound into accompaniment patterns!
You can sample a favorite musical phrase or drum sound, and use the same to replace some Auto Accompaniment drum sets.
AUDIO IN jack
Connect a digital audio player, CD player, or other audio device and you can play along with music played through the keyboard’s speakers.
MIC IN jack for sing along
Sing along with built-in songs or songs loaded from outside sources.
Music Challenge tests your reaction speed by requiring you to press the keys indicated by the on-screen keyboard guide in time with the Auto Accompaniment tempo using the correct fingers indicated by the on-screen fingering guide.
Designed and engineered to help you sound your best!
Play music from around the world
A wide selection of tones (600 high-quality tones)
A wide selection of musical instrument tones supports play of songs from various genres.
Piano Organ Button
180 rhythms and Auto Accompaniments for Latin music and other styles from around the world (180 rhythms including 87 ethnic rhythms and 20 patterns for piano play)
An advanced Auto Accompaniment feature provides you with access to a large collection of ethnic rhythms from around the world, with a special emphasis on Latin rhythms.
In addition to Bossa Nova, Samba, and other basic rhythms, you also get Cumbia, Reggaeton, Calypso, and more!
Selecting a Music Preset instantly changes the keyboard setup (tone, rhythm, tempo, etc.) so it is ideal for playing a specific song.
The selection of setups covers a wide range of musical genres.
Change the scale (temperament) of the keyboard quickly and easily to suit Oriental music or certain types of classical music.
Musical Information Function (Large, Backlit LCD)
A wealth of information is displayed to support your keyboard play.
- USB port for computer connection*1
- SD memory card slot for easy data storage and portability*2
- General MIDI (GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device.
- *1 Supported operation systems: Windows® XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS® X (10.3.9, 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.8 or later, 10.6.7 or later)
For the latest news about driver and application support under Windows® 7, visit here.
- *2 Supported SD memory card capacities: SD or SDHC memory card, up to 32GB
More powerful features and functions
You can use the recorder to record your keyboard play for later playback. You can record solos or you can record as you play along with a built-in song. Each song can be divided among multiple parts (for specific instruments, left hand-part, right-hand part, etc.) which are then combined into a final song, making the recorder a valuable practice tool. Recorded song data can be stored to an SD card or transferred to your computer for storage.
- One Touch Preset automatically sets up the keyboard to match the
currently selected rhythm.
- Auto Harmonize adds appropriate harmony notes to your melody
- Arpeggiator simplifies arpeggio play.